Review: Natura Organics Cosmetics Collection (Primer, Foundation, Highlighter, Lipsticks, Eye Brow Pomade and Eye Shadow)
Natura Organics, owned by Dra. Mel Pilar is the Philippines' pioneer in organic hair & skin care and has won an award at the 2014 Golden Globe Awardee for Business Excellence as "Philippines' Best Natural & Organic Skin Care Products".
They started creating organic and natural skin care products a decade ago, and now their company has been manufacturing organic goods for other local brands.
I have been using their products for more than a year now and obviously, I am impressed. Not only do they produce great quality skin care products that are safe to use even by pregnant and breastfeeding women, but I also adore their customer service: they know which products they can recommend to suit your skin type.
For this review, I will be focusing on their make-up products that I have already tried and tested. Only honest reviews are what I write. By the way, here is a photo of me using Natura Organics Face Primer in Ivory, Emergen-Sea Miracle Powder, Dazzling Highlighter in Aceya, Magic Lip Primer, and Super Matte Lip Mate Lipstick in 113 Anthurium.
Now, I'll be giving a detailed review of each make-up products that I have used from this brand. This is gonna be long, so hold tight and read on!
Natura Organics Backlight Pore Focus Primer
Looking for a high-quality makeup that is safe for your sensitive and acne-prone skin? Then this one is for you! These are made with organic/ natural ingredients that are safe to use by pregnant and breastfeeding moms!
- no synthetic chemicals, preservatives and parabens
- doesn't cause acne and any allergic reaction (at least in my case given that I have sensitive acne-prone skin)
- even when I wasn't able to remove my makeup at night cause I was dead tired, drunk from a social gathering, etc, my skin doesn't react badly if this is the primer that I use along with other natural and organic makeups (I do NOT recommend not washing your face after a night out!)
- helped in making my makeup stay longer for 3-4 hours
- brightens my complexion instantly after application
- it comes in 3 colors so you can choose what's better for your complexion
- compared to the high-end chemical-based facial primers that I have tried, this one makes my makeup stay for a less amount of time only (with others they last for 12 hours max before makeups oxidize)
Natura Organics Backlight Pore Focus Primer comes in 3 shades:
Ivory - light peach shade for warm complexions and blemished skin.
Tickled Pink- light pink shade for cool and neutral complexions.
Milky Yellow - light yellow shade perfect for those with neutral complexions and dull skin who needs to brighten their looks!
Therefore, I prefer using these organic/natural makeup primers if my event will only last for, let's say a few hours only, which in that case, I wouldn't be needing too much longevity from one product since I'd need to remove the makeup off when I get home anyway. Also, I recommend this for those who need to wear makeup everyday since this is so mild, the chance of makeup residues being left on the skin causing allergies is low.
Natura Organics Healthy Skin Foundation with SPF60 PA+++
An organic foundation perfect for this hot and humid weather? Found it! Nowadays, it is so hard to find a facial skincare and make-up that wouldn't feel sticky and melt on your face caused by the excruciating summer heat! So I am glad to have found this product that is already a moisturizer, sunblock, and foundation in one!
Texture: This foundation is made in a semi-dry moussey form that easily dries once applied on the skin. It is indeed light-weight, non-sticky, and non-greasy.
- Made with organic and natural ingredients and infused with multivitamins and antioxidants which makes it a safer alternative than chemical-based make-ups;
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic which is safe for sensitive skin, pregnant women and breastfeeding moms;
- Has oil-control, anti-aging, lightening, anti-acne and anti-blemish properties (results can be seen with regular use in the long run);
- If you have oily skin, this is great to use because the formula wouldn't slide off of your face easily unlike some liquid make-ups that feels sticky
- Those who have clear skin can even out their skintone with only one layer of product on their face which gives a sheer coverage.
- Those who have blemished skin or pimples will benefit with a full-coverage which can be achieved with two layers of product focusing on areas of concern (adding corrector/concealer is optional)
- For people with ultra-dry skin, using this foundation might enhance the dry patches on their faces. For remedy, they can add a bit of facial oil or moisturizer and wait for them to dry before applying this.
- For those who have oily skin, applying moisturizer & sunblock before putting on this foundation can cause the product to cake. The solution is to not use anything prior to applying the foundation since it's a 3-in-1 product already, use it alone!
- Don't use at night since it has high SPF w/c can cause a white cast on flash photography
Natura Organics Healthy Skin Foundation Product Review
Here's the result of using that foundation solely on my face. No other cosmetics were used and photos are unedited.
My hormones caused by pregnancy is detoxifying my skin, flushing out all toxins which is why I am getting 1-2 pimples on my face from time to time and a few on my jawline (all caused by hormonal factors, not because of the products I use on my face). My OB said that pregnant women have crazy hormones so skin condition can be unpredictable though I have read that this can all clear up around the 2nd trimester.
2) Anyway, so I applied with Sheer Coverage:
I applied one pump of product on my whole face, it was able to even out my skintone and tone down the redness on some areas of my face yet it wasn't able to cover the pimples and blemishes completely. For those who have clear skin, a sheer coverage is enough to make their skin look glowing and dewy. A sheer coverage is good for "no makeup" makeup look.
3) Full Coverage:
2 layers of product needed. I added another pump of product from the bottle and applied it evenly. It was able to conceal the redness of my blemishes and pimples. A full coverage with this product is nice if you're planning to do a heavy makeup complete with smoky eye shadow and facial contouring.
All-in-all, I prefer using a sheer coverage with this product since it still shows the healthy parts of my skin making me look younger compared to when applying a full-coverage. If I want to cover blemishes and pimples, I'll just use a bit of concealer on those areas.
This is perfect for morning and summertime and for those w/ normal to oily skin types because it is dry-touch and lightweight! I like this since it dries on my skin easily and it doesn't melt that fast though using a primer prior to application and setting it with a translucent powder afterwards makes the foundation stay put even longer. I prefer to use this only in the mornings though and not at night since products with SPF can cause white cast on flash photography. And of course, its SPF properties can only be maximized when used in the mornings under the sun anyway.
Natura Organics Wink Brown Dressing in Chocolate (Php 299)
This is one of the eyebrow products I like to use because not only is it organic but it also perfectly matches my hair color and works as a good base for putting on eyebrow powders and gel to make them all last longer. I'll be posting a swatch to show how its color looks like.
Natura Organics Wink Brow Dressing in B02 Chocolate
This eyebrow product is made of organic and natural ingredients that are safe to use for those who are pregnant, breastfeeding, and people with sensitive skin. It can also be used for kids who are into modeling and show business or whenever there is an event when the use of makeup for them is needed, just apply the product lightly for it to look age-appropriate.
- Semi-dry pomade that looks like semi-wet powder when applied. It is somehow comparable to the texture of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate that I own, (yet since the latter is made with chemicals in its formulation, it lasts longer though.)
- Nothing too distinct, just a tiny hint of nutty and gourmand smell when I sniff the product closely.
- Without a primer and any other eyebrow products, I noticed that it can last for up to 2 hours without makeup retouching, after which, the color/line on the edges slowly fade, giving a more natural "I don't have an eyebrow makeup" look kinda effect yet still making the brows look more polished than how it looks like without makeup on.
With an eye shadow primer, specifically like my Urban Decay Potion, it lasts for a longer time like 4-5 hours, after which a lighter retouch is what's only needed.
Natura Organics Wink Metallic Shimmer Eye Shadows
These are made in loose powder form, can be used as a light pastel eye shadow topper or some colors can be used as highlighter for your face!
Natura Organics Wink Metallic Shimmer Eye Shadows
These shimmery eye shadows are made with organic ingredients that come in loose powder form that are perfect to be topped over your favorite colored eye shadows to give your eyes a more subtle oomph, if you know what I mean! It's best to use them with a wet brush so that the pigments will stick better and the colors will be enhanced.
I also use them to top over cream highlighter for a more obvious sheen.
Natura Organics Dazzling Highlighter in Maria and Calliope
(Php 399 each / 30 grams)
I love organic and natural cosmetics because they have always been great for my sensitive acne-prone skin for it never caused any irritation and breakouts, especially now, I am more confident knowing that they are safe to use by pregnant women like me!
These cream-based highlighters are encased in a pot container with pretty jewel on the top cover. How cute! It's travel-friendly and easy-to-use.
Natura Organics Dazzling Highlighter in Maria and Calliope
As mentioned in my previous post, these cream-based highlighters are made of natural and organic ingredients that are safe for preggies, bf moms, and people who have sensitive skin. The left photo was taken in indoor lighting while the right photo was taken with flash.
Texture: Light, creamy, light-weight applies and glides on smoothly
Finish: Sheer and shimmery when blended well on the cheekbones, brow bones, chin, cupid's bow, and nose bridge.
Maria - blue-based pink, perfect for neutral and cool skintones.
Calliope- white-gold, perfect for neutral and earm skintones.
Personally my favorites would be Calliope since I love gold and Aceya, the neutral white shimmer. They have 4 colors of this highlighter available, the other one, Aceya is here:
Natura Organics Dazzling Highlighter in Aceya (Php 399)
How to use? Apply a conservative amount to the high points of your face such as the browbones, inner corner of the eyelids, nose bridge, chin, top of your cheekbones, etc. Use this BEFORE applying any kinds of powder on the face! (Remember in makeup, it is wet products first before applying the dry ones, always!)
Those who have dry skin will like this product since it will moisturize your skin while giving it a glow at the same time. Meanwhile, those who have oily skin like me, can use this as a base for powder highlighter so it will stick on the skin for longer period of hours, no need for retouching!
This can be used alone or as a base, but in this picture, I used it alone and I like its subtle effect (nothing too shimmery or glittery so it looks natural).
Natura Organics Lustre Multi-Use Beauty Compact with SPF15
(in the photo is their old packaging)
These are infused with fruit bio-active ingredients that protects and nourishes the skin! They come in 3 shades:
Natura Organics Lustre Multi-Use Beauty Compact with SPF15
(in the photo is their old packaging)
Salmonerry - salmon pink;
the perfect blush for the mornings and the spring/ summer season to make you appear blooming, its color looks natural, fresh and light.
Candied Pinch - reddish pink;
my favorite blush base for the evening, it helps my powder blush stay on my oily skin longer. If you have dry skin, you won't need to add a powder blush on anymore.
Wine Rose - berry plum;
I use this shade as a contour/blush yet I just make sure to blend it really well! It looks more natural compared to when I use a gray-toned brown contouring powder which I surprisingly like!
What I adore about them is that I can use them as a cream base for my eyeshadow, blush and lipstick! It is very functional and travel-friendly. Just blend them well and you're good to go! Highly-recommended indeed!
Oh how I love it when I achieve well-contoured cheekbones that looks natural and not too made up! See that? I didn't use any contouring powder, but I only used Natura Organics Lustre Multi-Use Beauty Compact in the shade "Wine Rose"! Such a versatile product!
I just applied it on my cheeks then added a few more swipes on the hollow of my cheekbones, blended them well with Real Techniques Miracle Beauty Sponge, and then that's it! To highlight my facial features even better, I also used their Dazzling Highlighter in "Aceya".
By the way, Natura Organics has decided to change the packaging of their Lustre Multi-Use from Beauty Compact to Beauty Stick:
LUSTRE MULTI USE Beauty Stick SPF15
(Php 399.00 or buy 3 for Php 999.000)
I find the new packaging cute and more travel-friendly. Thoughts? They look more like lipsticks now to me but I think it would be easier to swipe on the cheeks and lips with this new shape.
Now, these brands have LOTS of cosmetic types to choose from, not to mention, they have different kinds of LIPSTICKS as well! So far, I have 5 types of their lipstick collection and I'll be reviewing each sets and swatch the colors I have available. Read on!
Natura Organics Magic Lip Primer (Php 549 each)
It moisturizes and softens my lips whilst giving it a natural pretty pinkish tint that lasts for hours. Here is how it looks like when applied alone:
Natura Organics Magic Lip Primer (Php 549)
This very promising product moisturizes the lips and at the same time is a good primer for your lipsticks, it can make the tints of your lipstick stay on the lips even after having a meal.
What it does is simply bringing out and enhancing the natural color of your lips. Mine is already a bit pigmented but after wearing this product, the color looks brighter hence the natural look. I wouldn't even need a lipstick to achieve the "My Lips But Better" look! How nice, right?
Natura Organics Super Matte Lip Mate Organic & Vegan Weather Proof All Around Stick with SPF15
They have more colors from this collection but I'll be reviewing the only 4 shades that I have. Check out the swatch below!
Natura Organics' Super Matte Lip Mate Organic Lipsticks Swatch
These lippies have a matte finish yet creamy formula that easily glides on the lips and they also last for 3hours on my lips without drinking and eating. The darker shades like Heather though tends to be a bit less moisturizing yet longer-lasting compared to the other colors probably because of more fruit pigments in its contents. .
Now here are my favorite shades in this collection:
- a blue-based light pink shade which I can call a "Barbie Pink" lipstick, it is bright yet not neon so it is still wearable, perfect for the fair-skinned!
- a bright fluorescent milky-orange shade, it enhances fair skin tones yet it can also be a nice bright pop of color for those who have morena complexion.
- a warm-based red shade with a little hint of orange into it, it is more red than the usual red-orange color. This color is so bold and fierce, you can wear this shade first if you are not yet used to applying red lipsticks.
- a brown-based red which I can call a plum or wine red shade. I am not so used to wearing dark shades like this but it surprisingly enhances my fair skintone, making me look even fairer! Just wow! Pair this with a winged-eyeliner and eyebrows on point for that perfect fierce look for fall!
Natura Organics Soft Matte Suede Lipsticks
(Php 399 each, Php 599 for 2 pieces)
These lippies are made with organic and natural ingredients that are safe for pregnant, breastfeeding women, and people with sensitive lips. The formulation is silky, moisturizing, and gives a creamy matte finish.
The deeper colors are more pigmented than the lighter colored ones! Cool Bean alone gives a very sheer pinkish finish.
Scent: smells like fruits, others with mixed berries and nuts
- well-pigmented silky, moisturizing, creamy matte, they have a little bit of sheen except for Cool Peanut which looks more velvet than the other colors. Cool Bean, however is not opaque, it has a buildable sheer pinkish coverage.
Natura Organics Soft Matte Suede Lipsticks Swatch
Pumpkin Red - classic apple bloody red, it has a beautiful sheen that makes the lips look luscious!
Cool Bean- sheer bluish-toned cool magenta pink, it isn't purple like it looks in the tube.
Velvet Berry- a very unique color, it is a cool deep pink with bluish tones, in person, it looks shimmery without the sheen and gloss, just matte.
Pink Mustard- a bold pinkish-plum berry shade, very flattering on all skintones!
Radishmauve- a warm mahogany brown shade, flattering for both mestizas and morenas!
Cool Peanut- warm nude with hints of brown flattering for the general golden Asian skintones. This is the most matte out of all the bunch.
Natura Organics Soft Matte Lip Gem Collection
L-R: Juicy Orange, Coral Mauve, Naked Berry
These lipsticks have a soft matte finish with buildable sheer to medium coverage. For the colors to appear on my arm as vivid like in the picture I took, I swiped each lipstick 3 times. Pretty and wearable colors indeed!
Top to Bottom: #3 Juicy Orange, #5Coral Mauve, #6 Naked Berry!
Juicy Orange- the finish is sheer and the color peachy orange is wearable for a casual look or you can glam it up using a warm smoky eye shadow.
Coral Mauve - this lipstick looks more pinkish to me with bluish tones than it is coral-ish. It is the most sheer out of all of them, I had to swipe it 5-6x on my lips before that color in the photo comes out. Even though it has a very nice light pink color, the formulation feathers and bleeds on my lips, I guess it would be better for me to use a pencil liner first before applying this lipstick on top. It also has a sheen to it but is not shimmery.
Naked Berry- amongst the three of them, this is the most pigmented one and its color that you can see straight from the tube will appear the same on your lips after swiping it twice or thrice! This is my favorite in this set and it is also the one that is the hardest to remove, it stays for a longer period of time like an hour or two and the color will fade after drinking and eating yet it still leaves a nice tint on your lips.
And so, that is how the color looks like on my face! Gladly, I was able to pull off Coral Mauve as it is one tricky color! Hehe!
A frontal lip angle for this lipstick collection. Oooh! Love 'em!
Aside from these usual lipsticks, I will also be reviewing this KISS-PROOF customized liquid lipstick that I got from them. This is named "KRISH"
Natura Organics Matte Lip & Cheek Lippie "Especially Made For You"
As you can see, the packaging has my name on it and the color made was created to suit not just my skin tone but also my personality! How nice!
- this lip product is soft and moisturizing on the lips unlike the non-organic and not natural commercial matte liquid lipsticks available in the stores.
- its color is buildable whether you like it to appear sheer like a tint or opaque like a lipstick, your choice!
- it's long-wearing and long-lasting, I put them on at 5pm yesterday and then until now at 9am, it's still here on my lips! No kidding!
- true to its claims, it is non-transferrable: once it has dried, I kept on kissing my hands to prove it, and yes, in fairness, it didn't stain my skin nor my clothes or my baby's cheeks!
- the color is made to suit generally warm Asian skin tones!!!
Natura Organics: Pink-My-Lips
After removing all the make-up on your face and lips, it is a must that we moisturize our puckers to keep them healthy and soft. This is the product that I use everyday to prevent my lips from further darkening.
One of the best ways to keep your puckers soft is by regularly using a lip balm to moisturize them and to regularly exfoliate them lightly to avoid dry and chapped lips. Here's my newfound favorite organic lip product.
A complete lip care system that can be used to cleanse and gently exfoliate as well as to moisturize, nourish, soothe, repair and protect. It can also be used as pre-lipstick priming. It also contains fruit bio-,cellular complex ingredients!
What I love about this is that it really moisturized my lips and at the same time it also smells like bubblegum candies! The texture of this product is liquidy but not glossy so it doesn't make the lips look oily which is good!
Oh and about my lips? Yes, the photos are unedited, no filter used so you can see the actual results! It doesn't have any lip color on in the pic but just this product. As you can see I have very pigmented lips and my lower lip is lighter than my upper lip. It's kinda genetic, my natural lip color. That's why lipsticks tend to look deeper on me but it's fine! As they say, love your own skin!
Before I end this review, I'll share with you a make-up style I did on my face in using Natura Organics cosmetics!
List of Products:
- Backlight Pore Focus Primer in Tickled Pink
- Dazzling Highlighter Cream in Aceya
- Multi-Use Lustre Beauty Compact in Wine Rose for the cheekbones
-Soft Matte Lip Gem Organic Lipstick in Naked Berry
To know more about Natura Organics and to purchase their products, CLICK HERE!
Facebook: Real Natura Organics
Founder of Astral Crystals.