Short, sparse, and thin eyelashes.... Who else have the same? I know that there isn't anything wrong with my almost non-existent-looking lashes and 2—3 coats of normal mascaras make them appear a li'l bit more obvious than withput BUT applying on false eyelashes make my eyes "open up" and appear bigger. However, busy momma like me ain't got too much time for that!
So, just imagine my surprise when I saw a viral video being shared in Facebook showing women with 4-5 inches long eyelashes while applying on mascara! I was like, is this sh*t for real? I gotta get my hands on those and try them! I mean, nothing to lose ayt? So I saw one being sold online and I bought it. (Got mine from Jamie Prado in Facebook for only Php 450 per box plus shipping fee).
The packaging is simple and it contains 2 products: the main, basic mascara and the fiber mascara. So basically, you gotta out on the basic mascara first (the longer tube) and while it is wet, you have to apply the fiber mascara (the shorter tube) afterwards. For a longer and thicker effect, you have to apply these two mascaras alternately. 1st tube, 2nd tube, 1st tube, 2nd tube and so on and so forth.
This is the basic mascara. Using it alone is alright but don't expect too much changes. However it made my eyelashes look longer instantly after one application. The formulation isn't totally waterproof at all. What's nice though is that they don't leave me with ugly black racoon eyes even with after a few hours of use.
This is the fiber mascara, the one that you have to apply after the first one. This can NOT be used alone as it needs another moist substance to cling onto, otherwise, it will just fall down your lashes. I haven't tried using this with a different basic mascara though so I don't know how its effect will be when used with something else. The formulation has a li'l bit of fall out so you gotta be patient when using this, not to mention, be extra careful during application since I might get stuck in your eye!
To be able to use this set, you gotta apply it precisely.
I want long and thick lashes but I hate spider-looking clumpy lashes so I only did 3 layers of application. The first layer using the two products, my lashes had instant volume and length however they are not that obvious (given that my natural lashes barely look existent). With 2nd layer of products, they look nicer, it appears that I naturally have thick and long lashes but it doesn't look "fake". With the 3rd layer of application, I can feel my lashes getting heavier and clumping together. My upper lashes became heavier that even after curling it, they kind of go down. I didn't attempt another layer on my lower lashes however because I don't like the sticky feeling.
I have seen other Youtubers reviewing this product and they tried the super long lashes effect. Doing that needs way more precision and takes a lot of time and effort and as I have said, busy momma ain't got no time for that! Hahaha! (But if I have extra time for primping, I'll try that too!) However, I'll share with you the video of one of my favorite Youtubers trying this product out:
I think this product really works although I prefer a simplier look hence I don't need my lashes to look THAT long. If you wanna try it though, feel free, hehe!
Now, for my final verdict, is this product good? After using it for a few weeks everytime I go out, I have noticed no allergic reaction and no irritation. However, since I couldn't understand the Chinese language written on the box, I couldn't tell if there was any list of ingredients included or not.
- It gives extra volume and length for the lashes.
- It is easy to wash off at the end of the day.
- I have no negative reaction experienced (no redness, swelling, irritation, etc)
- This product is buildable according to your liking, you can do a simple lashes look or an extreme eyelash look, your choice!
- For only Php 450, I think this product is already affordable, given its effectiveness!
p.s. I see some 4DD mascara boxes being sold for cheaper in Shopee although I couldn't tell if they are legit so, gurls, buy at your own risk.
- The fiber mascara has fallouts, expect that you have to clean up your undereyes after using this product.
- The product is not waterproof so you can't use it while swimming, or exercising, or doing errands that will make you sweat a lot.
- The instructions are written in Chinese so if you don't know how to read it, you won't know the ingredients and if you are allergic to any.
- The results may vary, what works for me may or may not work for you. It is wise to do a patch test first before trying on any products especially if it is going to be applied around your eyes. When you notice itching, redness, or swelling, discontinue use and have it checked with your physician.
Founder of Astral Crystals.