From black, dark brown, and reddish brown ombre to pink and rose gold balayage!
Having a colorful mane is something that I've been fantasizing about at the back of my head and I've often wondered how it must be like! So this year, I decided to try an unconventional hair color again, this time a pink and rose gold balayage!
At the last photo, you can see my pink & rose gold balayage done by Swan Beauty & Wellness Salon. Everything was worth it! Read on for I'll be discussing more about the procedure: what treatments were done to my hair, what products were used, the overall experience, and the most important - after-care for color-treated hair!
"Balayage is a French word meaning to sweep or to paint. ‘It’s a freehand hair colouring technique that gives a really blended natural look with no harsh or obvious regrowth lines,’ advises royal and celebrity hairdresser, Richard Ward.
Balayage allows for a sun-kissed natural looking hair colour, with softer, less noticeable re-growth. The principal idea being less is more when creating a natural, multi-tonal finish. The technique uses patches of light and shade to create multiple dimensions to the colour. It’s a great method if you want to refresh your colour but don’t want to go for a bold colour overhaul.
Balayage creates a totally bespoke, personalised colour finish. Healthy, natural looking hair will always be ‘in’ which is why the technique has remained popular for so many years. Depending on what you’re looking for the finish can be subtle or quite bold. It’s the ability to completely tailor the colour effect that makes this such a popular colour choice."
You may see how the salon looks like at the photos below. There is also a spa inside but I will show that to you in the future blog post instead when I review their other services.
All that, they will take into consideration before they chop those split ends off, haha! I actually like it that I am free to discuss with them my worries and what look I am going for so that I will be able to leave their establishment happy and satisfied.
1) Hair assessment
- is your hair treated before or not; what is the current color of the hair
- what kind of haircut do you like; does it flatter your face shape and hair texture
2) Ombre base
- bleach application starts (expect to wait for 5-6 hours more or less depending on your hair type, of course)
4) Rose Gold Color
- it all depends on what color and effect you would like to have)
5) Keratin Treatment
- since your hair will be dry after the bleaching process, it has to be treated to avoid too much damage from your hair.
1) The pink color will only last after 21 washes more or less so having a color touch up afterwards is a necessity (unless you don't want to).
2) Do not wash your hair for at least the first 24-36 hours after the hair makeover session.
3) To make your hair color last longer and for the benefit of your treated hair, use hair products (shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, etc) that do not contain SLS or any harsh chemicals. If you have organic products,much better. PLS CHECK THE LABEL.
4) Hair treatment is suggested to be done after a week or two to maintain the softness of the hair, because hair bleaching makes your hair extremely dry, you know.
Our hair makeover finished around 7:15pm, yeah the staff had a bit of overtime but everyone was happy with the outcome! The staff were friendly from the beginning til end. Oh did I mention that we were offered a complimentary drink (coffee, tea, water, or juice) when we got there? The creative hair stylists were very nice and open about the procedure and they gave us tips on how to style and take care of our hair after. They will give suggestions on what haircut is best or what hair color is flattering or what treatment we need without pressuring us if we don't want to. My friend Eden who only had a haircut was given the suggestion of having her hair colored but she wasn't pressured to have it done and still, she left the place happy.
Swan Beauty & Wellness is located at Lower Ground Floor 04, Swire Elan, Annapolis Street, Greenhills, San Juan. You may contact them at (02) 9457045.
Check them out in Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/SwanBeautyandWellnessPH/ and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/swanbeautyphil/