Fast forward to many years, I discovered that there are Sailor Moon makeups being sold! Oh my gosh, I was like, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" Surprisingly, the price of Sailor Moon makeups and merchandise is high and they are hard to find so I had to save some money and hunt for sellers online. As far as I know they are only available in Hong Kong and Japan so I informed friends who were going there to buy Sailor Moon collectibles for me one at a time.
"MOON CRYSTAL POWEEEEEEER.... MAKE... UP!!!"
(Limited Edition, being sold for US $77.90 in www.yesstyle.com before)
Channel the inner Sailor Moon in you with this limited-edition make up powder, coming in a bejeweled mirror case that resembles the one in the comic, and a puff adorned with pink ribbon.
🌙 Premium face powder with "Crystal Star Compact" as motif, a big hit in 2013.
🌙 It is a premium version of "Miracle Romance Shining Moon Powder".
🌙 The top and bottom of the compact became pink gold specification full of luxury both above and below the compact.
🌙A sparkling gold star motif and a five-color stone are decorated, "Crystal Star Compact" is fully reproduced.
🌙 It is a real cosmetics for adult girls sticking to details thoroughly.
🌙 Cruelty-free? YES!
Now, let's be honest, although the packaging is stunning and breath-taking, the quality of the powder is so-so. It's like, it isn't that bad but it isn't to-die-for if you know what I mean. The powder itself is underwhelming, I can buy a lot of products that work better for a waayyyyyyy cheaper price!!! However, I don't regret buying this because aside from the obvious fact that this is Sailor Moon, it still has good points.
In the before photos, I had NO makeup on. I only cleansed, toned, and moisturized.
In the middle photos, I applied the powder straight on my bare face. As you can see, it instantly mattified my skin. It wasn't able to cover any blemishes whatsoever but it somehow lessened the appearance of redness on my skin for like 5%.
In the last photos, I applied a bb cream with light coverage and a bit of concealer. My blemishes was so dark, they were not covered completely even with the powder. But comparing the last photos to the first photos, the appearance is obvious.
- beautiful and good packaging, no doubt! Perfect collectible!
- the powder itself has translucent finish that can give an instant matte finish;
- with a perfectly applied foundation and concealer, this powder can set the base perfectly: it won't clash with the shade of the base since the powder is colorless;
- in my case, I didn't have to retouch my makeup for up to 6 hours because my face was not oily and the makeup base held up pretty well!
- the powder is sooooooo fine and applies smoothly on the skin;
- I have never experienced allergic reaction or irritation while using the product;
- this product is cruelty-free
- sheer coverage: can't cover blemishes, dark spots, and pimples.
- expensive price and hard to find
- there are no refills available
Will I buy it again?
— Since I already have its unique packaging, no, I don't need more.
Do I recommend it?
- For Sailor Moon collectors, yes, it is really pretty!
- If you are looking for a translucent powder that will keep your face matte for long hours, then you will benefit from this.
- I must give it to Creer Beaute for creating a powder that effectively sets the makeup base, therefore less time needed for retouching.
- However, if you want a powder with medium to heavy coverage, no.
It's pretty obvious that Creer Beaute made an effort in the plastic packaging which shows a photo of Sailor Moon. I actually don't need these "containers" and yet I couldn't throw them away because..... Collectibles!
Don't get me wrong, I know that some people prefer non-waterproof eyeliners and mascaras and that we all have different preferences. However I have oily eyelids and the weather in our country is humid and hot most of the time which means that there is a tendency that non-waterproof eyeliners and mascaras could smudge, get messy, and make us look like a racoon! Definitely, I won't advise you to use this if you are going to swim or work out in the gym, just nah-uh!
If you're working in an air-conditioned environment and you happen to have not-so-oily eyelids, then go ahead and use this! I think they are long-lasting if you are in colder areas. Forget using this in summer though!
My dilemma was simply like this: it will be such a waste if I don't use this product and wait for it to expire just because I can't "ruin" its appearance.on the other hand, if I keep on using this and resharpening it, it will get shorter and shorter until nothing's left and I'll be left with only the Disguise Pen cap as a remembrance. Hahaha! It might sound shallow to some alright but I know that you makeup lovers who treasure packaging can relate!!!
- easy to use, highly pigmented, flat matte black color
- perfect for tightlining the waterline
- very cute packaging
- it needs to be sharpened so if you keep on using this, the pencil will get shorter until nothing's left. LOL!
— it is not waterproof so I can't use it on my oily lids;
- otherwise, it will easily rub off on my lids leaving me with racoon eyes, yikes!
In the photo below, I used other makeup products from different brand such as April Skin's cushion, Ever Bilena Advance eyebrow pencil and contour palette, Chanel blush, and Colour Collection mascara.
Unfortunately, I ain't sure where to buy one like this anymore except in HK or Japan. I wanna collect the other Sailor Soldiers lip balms though, so maybe I have to hunt and hunt in various online shopping sites for the mean time since I can't go out of the country just yet... Oh well. But if you see one for sale, go ahead and grab it!
This multi carry balm resembles Sailor Mars' brooch in her costume (the one in the middle of her ribbon atop her chest). She is my favorite soldier for she is fierce, feisty, and sexy! She wears red pumps, remember? Haha! Anyway, back to the lip balm...
The lip balm is encased inside this pretty container. Make sure that you use clean hands or clean spatula before rubbing them to avoid contamination. It has a nice pink color that gives a subtle hint of pinkness on my lips. In the photo below, I applied the lip balm together with a lip tint. What I have noticed is that it is better to let the lip balm dry and set before putting on any other lip products to avoid them from feathering and bleeding. It effectively mositurizes my lips and doesn't leave a waxy or sticky feeling.
- it effectively moisturizes, softens, and smoothens the lips: results can be felt and seen with regular use;
- it has no bitter aftertaste nor does it leave a heavy, waxy feeling behind;
- it can also be used to moistueize dry hands, fingernails, and other body parts (yet I discourage in using it other than your lips since it will be such a waste of this product, you can just use a lotion or body balm for that purpose, hehe!)
- a subtle faint feminine scent
- the packaging is really really niiiiiiiice, perfect for Sailor Moon merchandise collectors!
- depending on your preference, those who want a lip balm in a stick form might not like the packaging at all for it is prone to contamination if not sanitized properly;
- its actual store price is expensive for a lip balm;
- it is hard to find and some online stores tend to price it higher than its actual SRP.
(Shade: Light Red, US $19.95 in www.alphabeauty.net)
One of the most famous and classic anime characters, "Sailor Moon", is now turning into makeup series with miracle romance. This is a very hard-to-find limited release lip rouge with a very beauty "moon stick" motif on lid, there is a pearly crystal deco element in the moon!
🌙Lipstick rouge with a cap of "Moon Stick" motif appearing in "Sailor Moon" is appearing in three colors.
🌙 It hardly falls due to high viscosity oil blending and it can be drawn vividly with 1 filling.
🌙Moisturizing ingredient - lip color care with hyaluronate, hydrolyzed collagen, and squalane; can also be used as a lip liner.
🌙 Cruelty-free? Yes!
🌙 Pack Size - 1.3g
- pretty packaging, perfect for Sailor Moon fans;
- it has a sheer finish with moisturizing formula;
- it is similar to a colored/tinted lip balm which enhances the lips' natural color without going overboard;
- non-drying, hydrating, and has no sticky or heavy feeling;
- the shade LIGHT RED gives a nice and natural-looking subtle pinkish redness on my lips;
- it can be used as a cream blush.
- not long-lasting, easily removable when you drink and eat, transferrable;
- since the finish is sheer, there is not much color pigmentation to expect;
- too expensive for the lipstick product quality;
- hard to find in the Philippines.
Will I buy again?
- No, I already have this packaging so I don't need an extra. This lipstick was a gift to me by a friend. Just in case I didn't have this, I would only buy this product for the packaging alone.
Do I recommend it?
— Yes if you are a HUGE Sailor Moon fan and if you have the budget to spare for a so-so makeup but pretty collector's item.
- Yes if you want to go for a natural-looking sheer pinkish-red lipstick.
- No if you just want a highly-pigmented lipstick or an effective lip balm (you can buy a MAC bullet lipstick with this price already!)
- These makeup products are worth it IF you are a HUGE Sailor Moon fan or if you are a makeup addict who likes to collect beautifully-packaged cosmetics that you can display on your dresser and room;
- You don't mind paying for these expensive items since you are after owning a collector's item;
- You prefer makeup products that are subtle and not over-the-top;
- You crave exclusivity and you want to own a unique makeup item that not everyone that you know of has (since it is so hard to find in our country though anyway;
- You like non-waterproof liquid and pencil eyeliners that are easy to remove and have a stunning packaging;
- You like a translucent, sheer powder that effectively mattifies the face and sets the makeup base in ace for long hours;
- You like a lip balm that feels light and a sheer lipstick that moisturizes your lips while giving it a pretty natural-looking red-pink color.
- You are NOT a Sailor Moon fan.. Yeah, come on, what's the point then?
- For obvious reasons, if you prefer a classic, simple, and minimalist makeup packaging (like MAC, NYX, Bobbi Brown, Inglot, Makeup Forever, and the likes);
- You prefer a highly-pigmented, matte lipstick that looks grown-up;
- You can't justify the price and think that it is ridiculous just for these products alone;
- You prefer foundation powder or pressed powder with buildable, medium to heavy coverage and with choices of shades.
After reading this blog, what do you think? Will you buy them or not? Let me know in the comments section!
In other ways, you may try to buy them online in websites such as www.yesstyle.com, www.ebay.com, www.alphabeauty.net, www.iprice.ph, and www.amazon.com. However I must warn you that online shopping could be risky so please, please, please, do your own research about the company or the merchandiser's background before buying. In this case, Google may be your friend. Oh, you may try to check online shopping sites such as Lazada, Shopee, Carousell, etc and see if there are people who are selling their Sailor Moon items. I can't give you a 100% guarantee that you can see them but it won't hurt to try and "hunt". 💖💖💖